Manicure For Short Nails
Manicure ideas for short nails are impressive in their diversity. After all, nowadays there are no restrictions on the length. In addition, naturalness and simplicity is highly popular now. It means that short nails are trendy and they can be done to your heart’s content but there are still some things to be concerned about:
- It’s worth giving preference to a simple design. For example, you can choose large but not bright decorations (monochrome nail art, decoration with a single crystal). Or you can also apply a few little decorations (a scattering of rhinestones or bubbles, small geometric designs, etc.).
- A nude manicure is the perfect choice for short nails, but make sure that the nail edges and cuticles are trimmed perfectly. And it is not necessary to follow the classic trends and cover all nails with one shade. A modern nude is an alternation of matte and glossy coatings, a luxurious ombré with sequins to match the pastel polish, and, of course, a chic manicure in the style of feng shui with marvelous painting, watercolors or other decorations on one of the nails.
- Simple geometry - stripes, cobwebs, zigzags, polka dots and other shapes look great on short nails. They can be used not only to create a unique manicure, but also to visually correct the shape of nails, if it is far from ideal.
Manicure For Long Nails
A stylish manicure for long nails has a whole range of peculiarities. In particular, the length itself and the nail shape.
It's worth starting with the shape, as it's very difficult to choose the right one for those who want to be on trend. So, nail fashion 2021-2022 is:
- The classic almond and oval shape. Suitable for everyone and even recommended in cases where the fingers don’t look as pretty as you want them to be;
- The square shape with round corners. This is a regular square shape but there is a soft rounding of the free edges of the nails. You should choose this type of shape if you have at least medium length nails, otherwise it will make your fingers look rough. Exception to the rule – thin and elegant fingers which can be matched with any type of shape;
- The lipstick shape and the combination of almond and square-shaped nails are super trendy variants which will be suitable for everyone who is not afraid of experimenting.
The “barelina” and “stiletto” are also remaining on top of the nail trends. Anyway, you can have any shape you like as long as it is in harmony with your fingers. The only absolute requirement is that the manicure must be done perfectly, only then it will be a great addition to your image.
You can decide on the length of your nails yourself: naturalness and a moderate length are in fashion now. But with the right approach to nail design you can make a stylish manicure at any length.
Manicure 2021 is a true extravaganza of colors, textures, and decorations that are combined in many different ways. But you should still give preference to more laconic options, especially if you're a fan of classics and elegance.
And nail-masters suggest combining the traditional design approach with the latest fashion trends.
For a long time, this design was considered basic, and required additional techniques - painting, experimenting with shades of nail polish, rhinestones, etc. But today it is not necessary, and chic nail design can be done using only a couple of colors and simple design.
Lunar manicure can be done with the combination of matte and glossy shades, french or negative space. Minimalist nail design ideas are especially popular, in particular:
- Highlighting the lunula with an outline of a contrasting color;
- Triangle or square-shaped lunula instead of the classic semi-circular variant;
- Highlighting the lunula with glitter, foil, or bubbles which go together with the nail color.
Manicure With Mica Powder
You can make chrome or metallic nail art with the help of mica powder. Solid color nails, manicure with one chrome nail only, alternation of chrome and matte nail polish of the same shade and rainbow effect are super trendy now. Nail artists suggest trying one of the most popular variation of this design:
- Ombre with a smooth gradient;
- Chrome manicure which creates an awesome metallic effect;
- Holographic manicure that can be made with the help of different shades of mica powder.
A French manicure is a timeless classic. A French manicure is an extremely exquisite manicure itself but it may look a little bit simple without any decorations.
But modern trends allow you to make this type of manicure really bright and utterly stylish. So if you want to have a really nice French manicure you may take into consideration one of these ideas:
- A colorful French manicure in which the tips or even the body of the nail are covered with a bright nail polish;
- A classic French manicure with one nail decorated with bubbles, rhinestones or a painting;
- A Lunar French manicure, especially if the design is made with the contrasting colors, for example, nude + black, red + gold, etc.
Manicure With A Painting
A trendy nail design with a painting is a painting made in the form of Mehendi, or Japanese style. There is also a possibility to apply a watercolors technique and geometry, or other decorations. For those who are willing to experiment with their style graffiti nail art, lettering and animal prints would be a perfect choice.
Manicure With Rhinestones
In nail art rhinestones are used while making a manicure for a special occasion but it’s also possible to apply them for a simple manicure.
Nowadays combinations of rhinestones of different sizes and shapes are on trend. In addition, the usage of rhinestones with a Lunar or French manicure is also highly popular. And finally, having a geometry nail art with the help of tiny crystals will make your look stunning.
The Peculiarities Of Nail Art
There are no restrictions on what type of nail art you should have for a particular season or occasion. The relevance of the main manicure principles remains the same regardless of the time of the year. But if you want to keep up with fashion, you should follow some basic recommendations.
Spring Nail Design
As the dull and bleak winter ends, we always want something bright and colorful. That’s why flowers and various colors are the best ideas for your manicure. Combination of bright colors on different nails, ombre with gradient and rainbow effect are perfect for creating spring image. You can decorate your nails with flowers choosing your own style, for example, you can have a painting of thin vignettes in the form of liana or you can also draw a marvelous flowerbed. Moreover, translucent flowers painted in a watercolors technique, or floral ornaments made with the help of stamping or stencils will complement your image perfectly.
Summer Nail Design
Neon colors complemented with paintings are the height of fashion now. Fruit, flowers, butterflies (made with the help of any technique you like) remain the most popular things people associate summer with. A marble manicure (which is technically colorful smudges) is also a nice option for confident ladies.
To put it short, expressive and super bright colors prevail in summer manicure. Moreover, it doesn’t really matter whether you choose a neon design or just a simple nude manicure decorated with a watermelon painting.
Autumn Nail Design
The main autumn nail design feature is the predominance of warm shades. The most trendy colors are terracotta, cocoa, dried lavender, etc. It’s also possible to apply some decorations but you should be very careful with it as it may not go along with the whole concept of “warmness”. Thus and so you can make a marvelous maple leaf with the help of bubbles. Or you can create a gradient using gold glitter. By the way, gold shades should prevail over other shades but they shouldn’t be too bright. For example, retro style nail art looks wonderful on elegant fashionistas.