- 1. Voluminous Haircuts by Face Shape
- 2. Top 13 Voluminous Haircuts for Short, Medium, and Long Hair
- 3. Hair Care Tips to Keep Thin Hair Voluminous
How can you add volume to thin hair? The trick is to choose a haircut that will do this. What do hair stylists recommend? Let’s find out in this article.
Voluminous Haircuts by Face Shape
To choose a flattering voluminous haircut, take your face shape into account.
- Oval faces are the most versatile and can rock voluminous haircuts of any length.
- A voluminous haircut with bangs will flatter a narrow face and make it appear oval.
- Asymmetric voluminous haircuts are a go-to option for those of us who have round faces. Thanks to more volume on top, such haircuts visually elongate the face.
- A square face will benefit from an asymmetric voluminous haircut that will even out the angles and make for a gentler look.
- Voluminous haircuts can do miracles to a triangle-shaped face, making the look more elegant.
Top 13 Voluminous Haircuts for Short, Medium, and Long Hair
Layers, asymmetry, bangs, tapered ends, coloring techniques — all these can give your thin hair the perfect volume you desire. However, it’s not in your best interest to get a haircut with too many layers. If your hair is way too thin, it will look dull. These tricks do work as well on long hair because it is heavier. However, even ladies with long locks can find ways to make their hair more voluminous.
Bob for Short and Medium Hair
A bob works wonders on medium-length hair, especially thin and weakened, adjusting the shape and adding more volume. To give the cut even more dimension, it’s done in several stages. Slight waves will make your hair look breezy and feathery.
Voluminous Haircuts with Bangs
Bangs make the look more elegant, beautifully framing the face. Hair stylists recommend going for blunt, angled, or long bangs. A layered haircut with bangs for medium-length hair begs to be worn on thin, weakened hair.
The pageboy is a voluminous short haircut that resembles a smooth bowl with a clean cut. It was popularized by French singer Mireille Mathieu.
If you have short straight hair, consider getting a pixie cut. If your hair is thick, don’t forget about tapering. Thin loks will benefit from layers more than from tapering.
This is a voluminous non-layered haircut. A blunt, straight cut adds dimension to your hair. It’s also a nice option for wavy hair and can be paired with bangs. Speaking of length, this haircut works both on chin- and shoulder-length hair.
Ghost Layers for Medium and Long Hair
This technique was created by stylist Ramòn Garcia. The main trick is to chop off excess length in the layers underneath, giving the illusion of a one-length haircut without sacrificing length. This changes things a little and adds texture and movement to the hair. A messy hairstyle is a perfect option for such a haircut.
A shag haircut is all about tapered and ragged strands and more volume on top, which is perfect for adding texture to thin hair. This high layered haircut for medium-length hair makes the face appear oval.
This voluminous haircut is a popular option for short and middle-length hair. It works perfectly with parted blunt bangs.
This haircut is for daring personalities. Shaved sides of the back with spiky hair on top look unusual and will definitely create the desired volume. If you’re not yet ready for such a bold look, try the tomboy cut.
In this haircut, length ranges from a pixie to a bob, with more volume on top and shorter strands in the back. Pair it with highlights for a truly head-turning effect.
This voluminous retro haircut is all about short strands in the front and on the sides and longer, even shoulder-length ones on the top and at the back of the head. This look is versatile and suits women and men alike.
Layers are a sure-fire way to add texture, dimension, and movement to hair of any length. It works the best on short and medium hair.
Hair Care Tips to Keep Thin Hair Voluminous
As a rule, all voluminous haircuts require everyday styling. Few of them are low-maintenance. However, there are tricks that can help you keep that additional volume, especially on thin hair.
- Keep in mind that frequent washing makes the hair get oily faster.
- Dry shampoo will refresh your hair between washes.
- Don’t use shampoos and conditioners that claim to add volume, they are too ‘heavy’ for thin hair. Better stick to products for thin hair.
- Don’t rub your hair when you towel dry your hair. Better still, give them time to dry on their own.
- Apply styling products when your hair is completely dry.
- Use hair spray to shape and maintain your voluminous hairstyle.
A voluminous haircut is your main tool in creating that perfect look on your thin hair. If chosen right, to flatter your face shape and suit your hair state, it will help you achieve the desired effect and that gorgeous look. Choose your creative haircut in our gallery.