- 1. Hair Care Tips for Curly and Wavy Hair
- 2. Haircuts for Curly and Wavy Hair by Face Shape
- 3. Hairstyles for Curly and Wavy Hair by Hair Length
- 4. Casual Hairstyles for Curly and Wavy Hair
- 5. Messy Hairstyles for Wavy Hair
- 6. Haircuts for Men with Curly or Wavy Hair
Curls look stunning, but it’s crucial to know how to take care of them and what hairstyles to choose. Wavy and curly hair is difficult to brush and style. What haircuts and hairstyles are perfect for these hair textures? Let’s find out.
Hair Care Tips for Curly and Wavy Hair
Such hair has a porous structure, is prone to dryness, and needs regular moisturizing and nourishing. Before you get to selecting a hairstyle, take good care of your hair.
Here are some hair care tips:
- Choose special products for curly hair: shampoos, balms, and conditioners
- Regularly do hair repair and nourishing masks
- Brush your hair before, not after washing
- Use a comb with wide teeth
- Get your ends cut in time
- Get your hair cut dry.
Now let’s look at the don’ts:
- Don’t wash your hair often, better alternate washing with using veil spray or dry shampoo
- Ask not to taper your hair, as it will make the ends fuzzy
- Wear medium-length hair if it’s thick.
Haircuts for Curly and Wavy Hair by Face Shape
To choose the most flattering hairstyle, you should also take into account your face shape.
The most flattering hairstyles for round faces visually elongate the face. Stylists suggest cascading haircuts to frame the face and open the neck, making it appear longer. A middle part and put-back hair are not in the best interest of those of us who have round faces. The best option is a cascading haircut that requires just a bit of styling to make the strands frame the face in a flattering way.
For oval faces, the trick to balancing out the features is to make it appear a bit wider. Hair stylists recommend choosing haircuts that will work with your sharp chin and big forehead. A long bob is a perfect option for wavy hair. If you boast long locks, consider a cascading haircut that will shine in any situation.
In a face of this shape, the forehead is noticeably wider than the jaw. To balance it out, consider sporting a bob or garcon haircut. If you have medium-length or long hair, your go-to option is a cascading haircut that is, as you can see, a versatile cut that suits any face shape.
A square face has wide cheekbones, a heavy jaw, and a low hairline. To soften the angles, stylists recommend going for asymmetric and layered haircuts and style them to the side. Priority should also be given to a side part.
Hairstyles for Curly and Wavy Hair by Hair Length
Women with short wavy or curly hair can create pretty and elegant hairstyles with the help of styling products.
Here are the most popular hairstyles for short wavy hair:
Wet effect. This is a perfect option for ultra short hair. To achieve the effect, use styling foam and a wide-tooth comb.
Retro styles. They look gorgeous with an evening dress.
Teased hair with a headband. Apply some styling product to your hair, comb it back with a wide-tooth comb, and secure it with a headband.
‘Wet’ hairstyles also work great on medium-length wavy hair. This look is very versatile and is appropriate for office, a party, or a formal event.
For an official event, you can do an updo with flowers. Here’s how:
- Put all your locks up and secure it with a hair tie at the back of the head.
- Split the ponytail into two parts and twist them around each other.
- Add more volume to this double twist by pulling on the locks.
- Wrap the hair around the tie and secure it with U-shaped pins.
- Decorate the hairstyle with flowers and secure the result with hair spray.
For long hair, you can try up a look with a headband braid. Here’s how you do it:
- Take three strands at the temple and start braiding along the forehead in the direction of the other temple, adding more strands along the way.
- When the braid is finished, you can put the rest of the hair in a ponytail or leave it loose. Consider adorning the headband braid with clips, flowers, or ribbons.
Another simple, but very pretty and unusual hairstyle for people with long wavy hair is braids with a ponytail.
- Part your hair in two.
- Do two voluminous French or Dutch braids. You can make them messy for a more romantic look.
- Instead of braiding the hair to the ends, put the braids together at the back and do a ponytail. Such a hairstyle is great for everyday wear and even for a formal event.
Casual Hairstyles for Curly and Wavy Hair
If you have medium-length or long hair, a Greek hairstyle is a hit for a casual look. All you’ll need is a headband and some effort.
- Apply some styling foam and brush your hair back.
- Put on a beautiful headband. For a gentler and more romantic look leave several strands framing the face.
Another versatile hairstyle is a voluminous bun that is appropriate for both formal and informal situations. Here’s an easy tutorial:
- Brush your hair and apply some styling product.
- Put your hair back in a ponytail and secure it with a hair tie.
- Carefully make a bin by twisting the ponytail around its base. Don’t make it too tight though.
- Secure the bun with U-shaped or bobby pins around the tie, making sure that the bun is neatly arranged.
The simplest option that requires the least time and effort is leaving your wavy hair loose. It’s a very attractive look that suits almost any occasion.
Messy Hairstyles for Wavy Hair
На волнистых волосах любая небрежная прическа смотрится эффектно и при этом романтично, будь то хвот или пучок. Еще одним вариантом может стать мальвинка ― две пряди, взятые у висков и собранные на затылке.
Any messy hairstyle looks gorgeous on wavy hair, be it a ponytail, a bun, or romantic and easy haalf updos.
If you have long enough hair, you could try one of the easiest, yet quite unusual braided hairstyles that look gentle and soft. Here’s how you do it:
- Split your hair in half and braid each part.
- Wrap each braid around your head along the hairline.
- Secure the ends of the braids with bobby pins.
- Pull out several strands to frame your face for a messier look.
If your wavy hair is thin, you can add more volume to it with a half updo with voluminous braids. Fishtail and four-strand braids also work well on thin wavy hair.
Haircuts for Men with Curly or Wavy Hair
Choosing a haircut taking into account your face shape, of course, applies to men as well. A round face can be visually elongated by letting your curly or wavy hair reach shoulder-length. However, few men go for this high-maintenance look.
Making your face appear oval, which is considered the easiest face shape to work with, can be done with the help of leaving more volume on top and cutting the hair on the temples and back of the head shorter, like in a crop or Caesar cut, and undercut, or variations of fade.
Crop on wavy hair
Undercut on wavy hair
Caesar cut on wavy hairr
People with curly or wavy hair have no shortage of options when it comes to haircuts and hairstyles. Take good care of your locks, use styling products and suitable hair accessories, and any hairstyle will look flattering on your beautiful curly or wavy hair.